The Manitoba Motor Dealers Association is an association of all of the franchised new car and truck dealers in Manitoba.
MMDA is your resource for:
• Industry questions or concerns, government relations, and regulatory reviews, MPI repair rate negotiations, industry specific initiatives (e.g. Sales and Service Safety Association)
• Talent acquisition with our industry specific job board CarsandJobs.com by increasing the reach to those looking for opportunities in the automotive industry.
• Industry recruitment and retention initiatives with post-secondary scholarships, in-school industry promotion and recruitment tools, including the Motor Dealer Industry Careers and Endless Career Opportunities brochures. Copies are available for members.
• Public Relations to ensure members are recognized as top contributors to the economic and social well-being of local communities and the development of Economic & Social Impact promotional posters and social media posts.
• Industry-wide stewardship requirements for lead-acid batteries. The MMDA’s membership in the CBA will results in approximately a $200 per year savings for each member dealership.
• Through the MMDA’s membership in CADA you are eligible for federal resources including: Federal Government relations, industry
MMDA and CADA are fighting for Manitoba dealers:
• For the past four years, CADA fought for dealers when the US threatened 25% auto tariffs on all Canadian imports and paved the way for the new United States Mexico Canada Agreement.
• MMDA continues to fight MPI for fair repair rates.
• CADA/MMDA won the first ever legislative protection for dealers on vehicle recalls.
• CADA/MMDA fought back and won on small business tax changes.
• For Manitoba, CADA fought and won $2 million on insurance commissions and $6.5 million on finance income.
• CADA continues to fight for vehicle choice on fuel economy that this must be left up to the consumer and not be forced on the dealer by government.
Thinking of becoming a Member?
Associate Members can be anyone who actively works with the New Care Dealerships or who wants to support the Automotive Industry.
If you are interested in applying to be an Associate Member of MMDA, please contact us at info[email protected].
Our Associate Member Committee, consisting of members of the MMDA Board of Directors will review your application.
As an associate member of MMDA, you will receive our newsletters. As well, you will be added to CADA’s (Canadian Automobile Dealers Association) mailing list to receive all of their newsletters. There is no better way to keep informed about our industry.
Associate members are also entitled to company and individual discounts as well as a complimentary subscription to Canadian Auto World Magazine.
Dealers who want to be members of MMDA need to be a franchised New Vehicle Dealer.
If you are interested in applying to be an Dealer Member of MMDA, please contact us at [email protected].
Our MMDA Board of Directors will review your application.
As a member of MMDA, you will receive our newsletters. As well, you will be added to CADA’s (Canadian Automobile Dealers Association) mailing list to receive all of their newsletters. There is no better way to keep informed about our industry.
Dealer Members are also entitled to company and individual discounts as well as a complimentary subscription to Canadian Auto World Magazine.