What is it?
The President’s Award is bestowed annually on one or more individuals from one or more member organizations. The recipient has, over the course of their career, made a lasting impact on the MMDA and its mission and have had a profound impact on the Automotive community in Manitoba.
The recipient is a Dealer Principal/General Manager in Manitoba and highly engaged in the community and brings an enthusiastic and creative energy to empower coworkers and association members. The recipient has been highly engaged through volunteer work and has significantly contributed to MMDA and the automotive sector to promote a collaborative and engaged community.
Examples of community involvement could include acting as a mentor, outside of normal job responsibilities (cannot include direct reports), serving on a Board/committee /task force with a not-for-profit, professional/trade association or charity, etc.
- MMDA member who is retired or has over 25 years in the Industry.
- Current Employee or owner of MMDA Dealership.
- Service to Industry Award.
Who can nominate?
- Board of Directors
- All MMDA Members in good standing and staff
- Past MMDA Presidents
- Leadership: The nominee has demonstrated their ability to motivate and inspire coworkers and association members
- Collaboration and Teamwork: The nominee has demonstrated their commitment to promote collaboration and teamwork through their involvement in MMDA and the automotive industry in Manitoba
- Involvement and Advocacy: The nominee has made significant contributions through their involvement in MMDA and the community through volunteer engagement and/or advocacy work
- Nominee information
- Letter of recommendation describing why the nominee is deserving of the MMDA President’s Award, examples of the nominee’s involvement with MMDA, other volunteer contributions and achievements within the community